Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The next couple days...

We woke up Sunday morning and had a wonderful breakfast that mom made, Will had to go to work, and we all got showered and headed to church. After church we dropped Lisa off at the hospital and papa, mom, Dan, Guido and I decided to explore. We fueled up the truck and Papa asked a local at the gas station if he would be able to give us directions to see the Rio Grande River, and the guy just looked at my dad and said, "Why the hell would you wanna see that?" It really isn't something that the locals hear around here, the river around here isn't really an attraction, so we got directions, and started driving. We couldn't get anywhere close, there is a huge fence that separates American and Mexico and the river was on the other side, and we couldn't even get close to it. I did get to show them the check station with all the vehicles coming across from Mexico and let me tell you it was the longest line of cars I have ever seen! After my dad got some pictures we headed back into the city and we started to get hungry. We went to Carino's Italian restaurant since papa was going through withdraw because every Sunday they go to my grandma's for macaroni and meatballs and we didn't have anything at my house to make it. It was very good food though I must say (not better than grandma's or mom's of course) and mom, papa, and Dan enjoyed it and they even got some bottles of wine.

After we were done eating it was about time to pick of Lisa from the hospital and Will from work. Papa wanted to go to the Border Patrol Museum, but it was closed. So we took a ride up the mountain instead to the look out. From up there you can see for miles, it's amazing! Lisa was waiting for a call from the case worker so that Dan could sign the adoption papers because Dan and papa couldn't stay much longer because of work. As we were heading down the mountain the call came in and we met the lady. Dan and Lisa met with her while Mom, Papa, Will, Guido and I went to the grocery store and picked up stuff for mom's HOMEMADE PIZZA!!! Ugh! I have been dying to have it again, I have tried making it a couple of times but it was always a fail, I guess I just need more practice.

We all headed back to the house and started cooking. What a great time in the kitchen with my mom. We had a blast! We ate and then cleaned up and sat around visiting and laughing and having a great time! A case of beer later the guys were ready for bed. Will had to get up the next morning for work and I knew he was going to be hurting, and he was, he hasn't drank that much in a long time because of work. It was an all around GREAT day!

Monday the guys were going to fly out but we had all of the morning and some of the afternoon to hang out with them, Will went to work Lisa and Dan went to the hospital for a little bit, and then we tried to see the river again. This time we went to the other side of the city, but the same thing, the fence, we realized that it is along the whole El Paso border. We grabbed something to eat real quick at Jack in the Box and then we had to get the guys ready to leave :o( I was so NOT ready for them to go, but I knew that I had mom and Lisa for a couple more days, and to tell ya the truth we didn't know how long it was going to be because of the baby. Which was perfectly fine with me! I was enjoying every second of it, and so was Will. My mom made awesome meals for us and I think Will enjoyed having a baby in the house so that he could get a little taste of what it's going to be like in a couple weeks.

That night we had little hamburger patties with yummy gravy and seasoned potatoes, just something quick because Will had to go to class that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment