Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Eve and Christmas

Well this year was by far the most quiet Christmas Eve and Christmas I have ever experienced, but it still was wonderful and I really did enjoy every minute of it with my new little family and our very best friends the Mercier's. Christmas Eve I had everyone over to our house and I decided to make homemade wedding soup and Ann made shrimp chowder and I also made buffalo chicken pizzas. It was all so delicious and we snacked on our amazing cookies and also apple crisp.




We had a nice little dinner and then we all got our PJ's on and relaxed a bit. Ann and I made hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps and we loaded up in the trucks and went to look at this neighborhood that was all decked out in Christmas lights. It took about an hour to get through the whole neighborhood and let me tell you, I haven't seen that many Christmas lights in one place in a long time. It was really pretty! Will, the baby, and I came back to the house and snuggled on the couch then we ventured to bed because Santa was going to be here any minute :o)


Will read "The Night Before Christmas" to the baby and I and then we went to bed. I was just too excited to sleep because it was our very first Christmas as a family. It was something I was looking forward too for a long time!
Christmas morning was very relaxing and we weren't in any hurry to do anything. I got the kitchen cleaned up from the night before and then we opened presents. All in all I can say it was a pretty successful Christmas. The baby got lots of fun new toys, Will got a "Hickory Farm" beef and cheese gift set that he has always wanted and never got until this Christmas, and I got an awesome new camera. I was not expecting it at all, I was so excited. We sat around playing with our new stuff, and then we got ready and went over to Joe and Ann's house for Christmas dinner.
There we had a nice visit and we exchanged presents and ate TONS of food. We had a wonderful time with them even though we were all exhausted. When we left there we came home and before I even got my shoes off Will was passed out on the couch. It was a great Christmas even though it would have been nice if we could have gotten back to PA but I wouldn't traded it for the world. I had everything I needed right here, my sweet baby boy and my wonderful husband.


No comments:

Post a Comment