Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Beautiful Baby Boy

Well he is here and we couldn't be happier. I thought I knew what beautiful was, that was until I looked at my child for the first time. Our beautiful baby boy decided to come into our lives on November 5th 2010, weighing 7lbs 15oz, and 20.5 inches long. The day that changed us forever!

It all started with my weekly OB appointment on Thursday afternoon, I knew I was already 2 cm from the appointment the week before. I had two projected due dates and the one was actually the 5th. The midwife checked me and said I was a little over 2cm but she stretched me to 3! She said that would probably get things started and if not and I still hadn't delivered by the following Wednesday that I would be induced. I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case, I just wanted everything to happen on it's own the way it's suppose to.

The day went on and I was feeling pretty good, nothing seemed like it was happening just yet. Both Will and Joe had to work that night so Ann asked me to go to Skyler's last soccer game with her and Gavin. It just so happened that Ann read the schedule wrong and her game was the night before, but oh well no biggy, the kids were getting hungry so we went to Burger King and had dinner. We got back to Ann's house and we just hung out and did what we do best and gossiped about people ha ha. The kids went to bed and Ann got out her video from Skyler's birth. It was amazing and I really started to get excited! As we were sitting there Ann looked over at me and asked if I was alright, I felt fine, but my stomach dropped seriously right before our eyes, it was the weirdest thing. I wasn't feeling any discomfort or anything, just tired is all. The guys got home about 2:30am and Will and I headed to our house.

We got home and I told Will that I wasn't feeling too good, and he thought it was just because I had seen Skyler's birth video and I was just excited and that it was all in my head. We laid down to go to bed and I started to feel some cramping. I figured it was nothing, so I just ignored it and tried to get some sleep. About an hour passed and I was still feeling the cramping consistently. They were getting worse and worse, I woke up Will and told him, we started to time them and then we knew that they were contractions for sure. It was almost 4am and I called Ann and let her know what was going on and she told me to hang in there and let her know when they start getting really bad. I went about another hour and it was bad! I called Labor and Delivery to see what they thought, and they told me to come in when they were 3-5 mins apart for 2 hours long. Every hour they got stronger and closer. Will tried and help me relax but I was far past that, I called both my mom and my sister and they told me to try and relax and start getting everything ready for the hospital.

I made sure everything was ready to go because I knew this baby would be here in no time at all. Will got up showered and got dressed, we tried to lay in bed a little bit longer, but nope that wasn't happening for me! I tried everything, but I wasn't going to make it too much longer. Ann called and said that she had to get Skyler ready and take her to school and that she would be over, the plan was to wait for her, but I looked at Will and told him it was time to go! I called Ann back and told her to just meet us at the hospital. Will loaded up the truck and off we were!

We got to the hospital about 7:30am, I got checked in, sat down in the waiting room for a couple minutes and the nurse came to get me, she checked me and said yep, your at 6cm. I was so relieved because I really thought she was going to say I was only at a 4. By the time they got me into the room and hooked up to the machines I was 9cm!!! This was going by so fast I couldn't believe it. The nurses left the room for a minute and I didn't think they were going to make it back soon enough. I looked at Will and told him that he had better go out and get Ann. I'm glad we sent for her when we did because I was ready to push! I was stuck at 9cm for a little bit longer than I wanted to be, but at 10:14am the baby was here!

I couldn't believe it, I was a feeling that I cant even explain to see our baby for the first time, anyone who has had a child knows exactly what I'm talking about. The baby was crying and they got him all cleaned up and told us that he had to go to the nursery for a little bit because he had some fluid in his lungs, i was so nervous but Ann reassured us that he was going to be alright and that it was just to be safe. Will went down to the nursery with him so that he wouldn't be alone and I sat there with Ann still in shock! It was wonderful. Ann ordered me some lunch and then we headed down to the nursery and then to my room where I would be staying the rest of the time. The baby was suppose to be back with us by that afternoon but he they didn't bring him to me till 1:30 in the morning. We were able to go down and see him, and I got to feed him every couple of hours. It just broke my heart to see him with all those wires and IV hooked up to him, but I knew he was going to be OK!

We got discharged that Sunday and we are doing great! We decided to name the baby William Harvey. He is named after his dad and grandfathers which makes him the 5th! We can't wait to get back to PA so our families can meet the him! We love being parents, and we have God to thank for such a wonderful, health baby boy! I am so blessed to have such a great husband and friend! I couldn't have done it without them! I really wish we were closer to home so that my mom and sisters could have been there too, but with the military being away from home is a sacrifice you have to make.

We are so excited to be a family and cannot wait to see how God will continue to bless us!







No comments:

Post a Comment